Most Americans likely believe they live in what they would say are "unique times." Yet, they're living the same lives as their forebears did 100 years ago. Nothing has changed.
You don't even need to read the 900-plus pages of this book. Read the table of contents.
What existed then exists today:
- Politicians who will say and do anything to get elected and stay elected.
- Politicians who will align themselves with any group whether the military, work unions, oligopolists.
- Intellectual prostitutes, that is, Ph.Ds of academia, who will shill for politicians on whatever side of a debate.
- A mass of envious, greedy and slothful, almost all of mediocre intellects who fall prey to the siren songs of politicians.
- Socialism tricksters also preying on the mass of envious, greedy and slothful with their mediocre intellects.
- Protectionists who are incapable of producing under the constraint of efficiency.
- Fear mongerers spreading doom and gloom about population and outlanders.
- Meddlers who would like nothing better than to impose eugenics.
- Socialized medicine agitators.
- Unionism agitators.
- Feminism agitators.
- Minimum wage agitators.
- Eat-the-rich agitators.
- Capitalism-is-a-failure agitators.
- Men ago were smarter than men and women of today, in spite of computerization and regardless of advances in material sciences and biological sciences.
- Persuasion and propaganda.